Crystal Infused Unicorn Lattes
What the world needs now is a bit more magic and wonder. Colorful unicorn lattes are cheerful and trending for that exact reason. The health movement is in full effect, no artificial colorings here, quite the contrary, these drinks that can be enjoyed hot or cold are magically infused with crystals AND antioxidant strong superfoods. Enjoy the recipes below and set your positive intentions for the day.
The End Brooklyn serving up some of the most instagram worthy drinks in Williamsburg shared their unique recipes on mind body green. The recipes below are my adaptations of them with some healthy extras you can add in to make them even more powerful. Well and Good also shared this unicorn toast and mind body green made an even HEALTHIER version I will have to try next!
First you're going to want to set your intention and infuse your powerful crystal water that you will use to make your magical drinks. Ideally with polished amethyst or rose quartz, any polished stone that won't slowly degrade in water. I used this large mason jar to infuse and it was enough for multiple, colorful drinks. Always use filtered water. You can infuse for up to 72 hours or as little as 2.*
You can also infuse your tea leaves with your intentions and crystal energy. I used hibiscus flowers with my stones and let sit for an hour.
Lovestoned Amethyst Crystal Tea
Ingredients for 2:
- 2 tablespoon organic maqui berry powder (can sub açai powder)
- 8 ounces crystal infused water
- 2 tablespoon organic extra-virgin coconut oil
- 2 tablespoon coconut milk powder
- 2 tablespoon raw honey
- 1 teaspoon lavender buds
- 2 cup boiling crystal infused water (crystals removed before heating)
- 4 tablespoons loose-leaf mulberry tea (can sub goji berry or hibiscus tea-what I used)
- 2cup non-dairy milk-I used this macadamia nut milk
- Optional superfood add ins:
- 1 teaspoon Moon Juice Beauty Dust
- 1 teaspoon açai berry, goji berry or camu camu berry powder
- For Garnish
- dried lavender buds
- organic maqui berry powder
- dried maquí berries
- Put your crystal water (sans crystals) on to boil.
- First heat the base ingredients over medium heat until powders and honey are dissolved and coconut oil is melted. Set aside.
- Once tea water is boiling make your tea by steeping your tea leaves for 5 minutes. Remove tea leaves.
- Now you can mix into your tea the different (optional) superfood add ons.
- Combine your base with your milk of choice and froth. I'm no barista and don't have a milk frother so I combined these in a high speed blender which got it kind of frothy... The more froth the better base for your garnishes hence the better photo. If you don't have a frother no worries it will still taste great!
- Fill your mugs halfway with tea (~4 ounces) and the other half with your warm milk mixture. Sprinkle with maqui berry powder and lavender buds and share your love potion with someone special.
Magical Crystal Unicorn Lattes
- 1 cup non dairy milk**
- 3 cups crystal infused water
- 1 vanilla bean, insides scraped out OR 1 teaspoon vanilla bean powder
- 2 oz of cold pressed ginger juice-if you don't have access to cold pressed juice you can add the roots of these and just blend for longer (double the weight for roots)
- 2 oz of cold pressed turmeric juice
- 1 lemon juiced (~2oz)
- 1 tablespoon spirulina extract or powder
- 1 tablespoon maca root
- 2 Medjool dates
- 1 tablespoon raw honey
- Optional Add ins:
- 1 teaspoon E3 Live
- 1 teaspoon Moon Juice Brain Dust
- 1/2 teaspoon Reishi mushroom powder
- 1 tablespoon coconut milk powder (I love the extra thickness it brings)
- Spirulina powder
- Turmeric Powder
- Cinnamon Powder
- Organic sprinkles-I actually tried sprinkling some in my latte, but the ones I found were too dense an sank lol
Combine all ingredients (besides garnish...and crystals) into a high speed blender. Blend for 1-2 minutes until mixture is uniform and frothy. Serve hot or cold and garnish with superfood sprinkles. Share the magic.
**Original recipe calls for 1 cup raw cashew+3 cups filtered water. I cannot find raw cashews in stores and need to order some online..but I really want to try and am sure it would make it even more comforting and creamy.
I will get more in depth to the wonders of superfoods in another post. Some fast facts about the ones in these drinks:
Spirulina is a blue green algae that is high in protein and essential amino acids. It also has a high concentration of beta carotene and vegan B12.
Turmeric: Curcumin the compound in Turmeric that gives it's bright yellow color it has anti-inflammatory, anti-oxidant and anti-cancer properties. The most powerful anti-oxidant, curcumin scrubs free radicals from our cells.
Cinnamon: blood balancing, helps to lower blood pressure and protects heart health.
Maca root: This peruvian superfood is one of my favorites. Hormone balancing, stress relieving rich in vitamins and minerals and will give an energy boost.
Maqui Berries: Antioxidant rich, anti-aging, metabolism boosting.
Açai Berries: Antioxidant rich, Immune boosting, improved mental function, anti-aging.
Goji Berries: The berry of life in ancient Chinese medicine. Improves longevity, increased energy, increased cognitive function.
More to come on superfoods.
*Note: I personally avoid handling crystals on my moon time and would advise against making these on your moon. The energy that surrounds women on their moon time can interfere with healing powers and can cause illness when women on their moon prepare foods for others (especially meats). So it makes sense to me since crystals can be so healing and sensitive to energies that you should avoid using them in this way while on your moon. To learn more about native american healing and medicine man practices check out our dear friend Medicine Grizzly Bear Bobby Thom Lake's books: