SWIMWEAR: Where unique fashion meets function this swim season!
I am a bikini addict. This could explain why I am obsessed with the A Bikini A Day babes, they created my dream job of wearing a bikini every day, traveling the world and now have their own swimwear and activewear lines, you go girls!
When I look for swimwear it has to be functional, flattering and unique! There's nothing worse than having to constantly adjust your bathing suit when you are actually doing water activities so functionality is a must. Also I don't want to be another basic black swimsuit bitch, it can be black, but has to have some texture or creative shape.
It was hard for all of us when VS ended their swimwear line, but don't worry we have searched high and low to find fun swimwear! Below are some of Gigi and I's favorite places to shop for amazing swimwear and swimwear brands we love.
One pieces are having a MOMENT this summer. The fact that the Baywatch remake is coming out might have a little influence over these styles and trends.
Hot picks this summer include:
- One pieces with lots of back and lots of booty
- Off the shoulder tops
- Lace up center or side swim
- High waisted (YASSSS)
- The 90s
- For Love and Lemons super sexy south of France vibes.
- More of the 90s feel A Bikini A Day x Guess collaboration=AMAZE.
- Lee and Lani has the most funky and unique swimwear that I've found. For your wild side.
- More 90s and sexy pastels at Sahara Ray swim
- For the Golden gal this one piece from Forever 21. The metallic pink is Fire too, decisions decisions.
- We are Handsome Gym and Swim has some hot ass prints
- My favorite babes A Bikini A Day's brand Monday Swimwear is SO flattering for all body types, you really can't go wrong I absolutely LOVE these swimsuits
- Mikoh Swimwear from the Hawaiian locals is a classic
- Another Hawaiian brand Pakaloha is amazing! They are bright and very functional for surf and swim
- Billabong has a fun selection, exhibit A: Gigi in their neoprene.
- Some millennial pink from H&M love a lace up detail
- One Teaspoon's swim sale section is dope.
- Eco friendly bikini to wear multiple ways from Hot as Hell
- Made in Sunny Socal Novella Royale
- Stone Fox Swim is always coming out with lust worthy cuts and prints
Some of my hacks to not spend a boatload of cash on swimsuits.
- Target-they have some great finds so be on the hunt early in the spring.
- Investing in a top and/or bottom that you can rock and interchange with many other swimsuit combos
- Wearing interesting sports bras as a swim top (Planet blue, Michi)
- Wearing bralettes as swim tops (Indah, Victoria's secret's new bralettes, Urban Outfitters, anything without an obvious bra strap)
- Ebay-sometimes people can't make a return on their purchase and sell the items for less on ebay. This can be an accessible way to rock high end brands, just be careful it's not a knock off from China.
- Buying swimwear in the winter. Ok this doesn't help you right now, but everything is on sale in the Fall/Winter so that's when I like to stock up for summer.
- Searching for swimwear on Amazon, they have everything and cheaper versions of the hot trends.
- Tradesy and Poshmark!
Hopefully this post will help jump start your summer swim searches. What are your favorite bathing suit brands?