I actually cannot stop making/eating/repeating this banana bread recipe. It might be a problem (well I did put a pause on it when I went on the juice cleanse last week) and now I'm back on board. It is so rich and moist, but healthy and light. It's full of good for you ingredients and although I am trying to get away from all forms of sugar for a month along with gluten and dairy, this is helping to ease me into that.
- Preheat oven to 375F
- Mash up ripened bananas with coconut nectar, vanilla and coconut oil. Add chia and combine.
- Stir in 1/2 cup oat flour and combine.
- Add all remaining dry ingredients
- Once batter is thoroughly mixed you can stir in the chocolate chips
- Spread mixture into a baking dish that has been oiled with coconut oil
- Add bananas on top if desired
- Bake in oven at 375 for 20-45 mins (note it differs by altitude it took me longer at higher altitude, but Gigi's only took 20 mins), remove when center is baked through and passes the toothpick test ( inserting a toothpick/skewer/knife into the middle and it comes out clean)
- This treat is enjoyed perfectly on its own or can be paired with a decadent nut butter cup, or a little bit of this cultured vegan butter really puts it over the top (especially when it's warm out of the oven)
- I topped with sliced banana, but they browned in the oven so wouldn't recommend unless you try lemon juice on them maybe?