30 second Summer Lemon Pesto
This is one of my all time favorite summer dishes. When there's pesto on the table it feels like summer and this recipe is so tasty and bright it will possibly outshine the summer sun. My Mom whips up the most decadent pesto pasta for our guests at our River house every weekend of the summer. My friends and I are all obsessed and live for a invite to the river for some more of my Mama's pesto pasta. This is a lightened up version that is simple, rich and dairy free. The olive oil brings the decadence to this dish so make sure you use a good quality EVOO and you won't even miss the butter and cream.
- 3 oz. Basil
- 4 Cloves peeled
- 1/2 Lemon-juiced
- 1/4-1/2 cup good quality Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Himalayan Salt
- 1 pound pasta of your choice (in this video I actually used GF rice ramen YUM)
- Bring a pot of water to boil according to pasta's directions
- While water is coming to a boil remove basil leaves from stems.
- Place Basil, garlic and lemon juice into a food processor
- Pulse the mixture until it is roughly chopped and combined
- Stop the food processor and scrape down the sides
- Turn the processor on and stream in Extra Virgin Olive Oil while processor is blending, start with 1/4 cup and add more to reach desired consistency (maximum 1/2 cup)
- Add salt to taste (maximum 1 tsp.)
- Combine with cooked pasta and enjoy hot or cold!