Splurge on your skin this weekend!
I am 27 and just this year started understanding how to take care of my skin. I never really was taught how to properly take care of my skin. Kids these days are so fortunate to have the unlimited resources of the internet as a reference point when they don’t have that older sibling to ask questions to…. and not look like a scrub with blue eyeshadow and black eyeliner...while they are going to the tanning salon every day.....
Being a tanning bed addict didn't help my cause, but thankfully I escaped that period of time with limited damage to my health and my skin. I started getting pretty bad breakouts around 17 which is also when I went thru a darker learning curve in my journey of life…. (sorry Mom and Dad we good now right? lol) I have had cystic, hormonal acne ever since and am finally getting to the bottom of the root cause of the issue and how to take better care of my skin.
I still get flare ups, but I have been adamantly balancing my hormones, eating clean starting my day with lemon water and Chinese herbs and committing to take better care of my skin!
I started treating myself to facials about once a month or once every two months. I felt so refreshed and my skin looked so great after, but I just don't have the funds to enjoy that luxury as often as I would like to. Enter this facial steamer!
As you will see in the video below I was finding myself hovering over my tea every night inhaling the warm steam and virtually dipping my face into the boiling water. I loved the steamy, cleansing feeling and even when I was boiling pasta I would hover dangerously close to the pot. When I heard women talking about a night in with their steamers I was like this is what's missing from my Girl's night in. Now at least weekly I hover over my steamer and enjoy a nice at home facial.
YOUR at Home DIY FACIAL
- Gather all of your facial needs:
- Heat up PURIFIED water in a hot pot or over the stove. Bring to a boil and then remove from heat. (or fire up your facial steamer!)
- Carefully pour your hot water into a bowl that you can safely hover over and enjoy the steam.
- Add your essential oils to the water if using them.
- Let your face become moisturized from the steam.
- Apply cleanser and sit over the steam for a few minutes letting it sink in.
- Dip your clean washcloth carefully in your hot water or under the sink and wipe cleanser off.
- Apply toner with a cotton pad.
- Apply the peel (step 1, wait 2 minutes then apply step 2).
- Let your face sit over the steam again, if you need more steam boil more water in your hot pot and switch out your water in the bowl.
- Apply your serum gently massaging into the skin.
- Steam face with serum for as long as you would like allowing it to absorb.
- When you remove your face from the steam and it is still moist apply a moisturizer of choice to lock in the moisture.
- Enjoy your glow <3