Fruity Pebble Superfood Popsicles...With A Twist!
It’s August and it’s HOT and HUMID. I’ve been on a popsicle kick since rediscovering my zoku popsicle maker and these fun push-pop-esque popsicle molds from long ago. Combine that with delicious, ripe melons from the local farms and friends and I’ve been making fruity popsicles ever since.
Gigi and I really wanted to spotlight MORINGA an incredible superfood that has been a part of our daily routine for years now and is finally getting the recognition it deserves more recently.
We created this INSANELY refreshing and delicious popsicle recipe that includes moringa AND cannabis infused honey. HELLO! Talk about a zing of amazing flavor and nutritional benefits!
Here’s The Scoop On MORINGA
The leaves of Moringa are PACKED with essential amino acids, antioxidants, vitamins and minerals
- Protein Packed! the essential amino acids are rich in this plant and are the building blocks of protein
- Isothiocyanates-also found in Cruciferous vegetables these compounds are ANTI-CANCER. They block carcinogens from activating and help speed up the elimination of carcinogens in the body.
- Quercetin-Anti-inflammation hero
- Zeatin-Moringa is the highest source of Zeatin and anti-aging plant hormone. Moringa grows rapidly with the help of Zeatin which tells cells to divide before they get too big (old) so fresh youthful cells are constantly being rejuvenated, this translates to
- Beta-Sitosterol-Another Anti-cancer all star, this dietary phyto-sterol may contribute to cholesterol metabolism and regulation
- Chlorogenic Acid-helps control blood sugar levels
- Potassium-An essential electrolyte keeping the body in balance
- Calcium-strong bone and teeth growth haii! 100 grams of dried Moringa has 17x the amount of Calcium in milk
- Vitamin C-we all know and love this anti-oxidant powerhouse
- Vitamin A-another great, well known anti-oxidant that targets and fights free radicals
When these compounds are in the body on a regular basis through daily doses of only 1.5 tsp of Moringa they have been shown to:
- Reduce Inflammation
- Slow signs of aging
- Hormone Balancing
- Increase immune function
- Boost Heart Health
- Protect the brain
- Increase antioxidants throughout the bloodstream
- Lower blood sugar levels
- Protect and Prevent against cancer!
Fruity Pebble Moringa Popsicles With A Twist
Yields 6 -8 pops depending on mold size. *See Dosage note below*
I hope your tastebuds are ready for a childhood flashback because, these refreshing treats taste just like the nostalgic and delicious fruity pebbles, without the questionable food colorings. Can we get a hell yeah!!!!!
A Recipe Note Or Two
- Obviously this recipe can be made child or non-cannabis user friendly by simply substituting the Binkse’s honey for a non-infused honey.
- The dosage information is based on a yield of 6 popsicles from the prepared liquid. Depending on your mold size you may yield more popsicles, with a lower dosage per pop. This is not an exact science!! We are basing the dosage of these pops off of the Binske honey, which has an approximate dosage of 10 mg THC per 1 TBSP of honey. If you are using your own infused honey proceed with caution. Making edibles that are too strong is not advised. You need to consider your own tolerance as well as the tolerance of those you may be sharing these delicious treats with.
1 cup coconut water
3 Tablespoons Infused Honey *See Note Above*
1 tsp moringa
1 1/4 cup cubed cantaloupe
1 teaspoon grated ginger
1/2 tsp vanilla
1) Stir honey into coconut water until dissolved.
2) Reserve a 1/4 cup of cantaloupe for garnish. Combine the coconut water and all remaining ingredients to a high speed blender. Blend on medium-high until combined.
3) Place a fine-mesh sieve over a large bowl or pitcher and strain contents of the blender, pressing with the back of a spoon to extract as much liquid as possible. Discard the remaining solids.
4) Pour liquid into popsicle molds till half full, add two- three pieces of cubed melon to each mold.
5) Freeze, be patient, maybe smoke a jay, and enjoy.
These could be made as an aqua fresca by adding more coconut water to the mixture and drinking over ice. Feel free to get creative and add this to a cocktail if you don’t have popsicle molds. We recommend the popsicle way because it is oh so refreshing in this heat!
Please comment of email us if you have any specific questions.